Webinar | Promoting Ethiopian Green and Roasted Coffee in the UK
Promoting Ethiopian Green and Roasted Coffee in the UK: Briefing session on planned Coffee Exhibition, December 2022
Friday, May 6/2022 | 10:00AM (London, BST) | 12:00PM (Addis Ababa, BST +2)
Online via Zoom
Participation in the webinar is by invitation only.Register here to participate >
- The coffee industry is of paramount importance to the Ethiopian economy, for generating high revenue (about 41.5% of the total revenue from Ethiopian exports.
- Roasted coffee exports are gradually increasing but represents only a small fraction of the total export of coffee.
- The value addition in the coffee supply chain still occurs mainly in the importing countries.
- Roasted coffee remains largely sold domestically due to limitations related to logistics and competition with well established brands in developed markets.
About the webinar:
Ethiopia Embassy in London is partnering with ETHIO-COFFEE importers Ltd to host a coffee exhibition, in December 2022, solely organised by Ethiopians- the first of its kind, principally in UK.
- Ethiopia coffee exporters
- Ethiopia coffee importers and distributors
- Ethiopia coffee roasters
- Cafes, Coffee Houses and Restaurants that use Ethiopian coffee in the UK
- Supermarkets and eCommerce/online retail businesses
The webinar aims to:
- further promote Ethiopian Green and Roasted coffee in the UK market.
- create business linkages between Ethiopian and UK based importers and Roasters.
- increase the market share of value-added Ethiopian Coffee to the UK.
N.B. Please note that this program is subject to change without notice.
- Welcome: H.E. Mr. Teferi Melesse, Ambassador of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Moderator: Mr. Beyene Gebremeskel, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ethiopia, London
SESSION ONE: Briefing on the upcoming Coffee Exhibition.
- Mr. Michael Haile, CEO Ethio-Coffee Ltd.
SESSION TWO: Private sector initiatives and government support package. (each 5 minutes)
- Mr. Gizat Worku, General Manager, Ethiopia Coffee Exporters Association.
- Mr. Minilik Habtu, President, Ethiopian Coffee Roasters Association.
- Ethiopia Coffee and Tea Authority (TBC)
- Ms. Lensa (Aida) Mekonnen, CEO, FDRE Land Bank and Development Corporation.
- Mr. Muluneh, Vice President of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
- Mr. Beyene G/Meskel, Deputy Head of Mission
Participation in the webinar is by invitation only.
Event Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister here to participate >
Latest NewsBrowse all
we appreciate your help.