If you wish to apply, renew or replace your Ethiopian passport, please read the following information carefully.
Failure to fulfill the requirements detailed in the service you require may result in delaying the processing or refusal of your application.
- The Embassy is currently issuing electronic passports, that require fingerprints. Therefore, all applications must be made in person at the Embassy.
- Applicants under the age of 14 are exempted from providing fingerprints.
- Due to the amount of time it takes to process an application, we recommend that you submit your application at least two months prior to your date of travel or prior to applying for any other service that requires a valid passport.
- If the Consular Section requests additional documents from you, you will be required to submit the documents within one week of receiving the notice. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in refusal of your application.
- If your application is refused, you will be required to submit a new application.
New (First) Ethiopian PassportIf you qualify for Ethiopian Citizenship, you may apply for a new (and first) Ethiopian Passport.
New Ethiopian Passport for a Child Born AbroadA child born outside of Ethiopia to an Ethiopian citizen parent(s) is eligible for Ethiopian citizenship.
Renewing an Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport has expired and you wish to renew it.
Replacing a Damaged Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport is damaged or worn out, you may apply for a replacement passport.
Replacing a Lost or Stolen Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport is lost or stolen, you are required to apply for a new passport.
we appreciate your help.