If you wish to apply, renew or replace your Ethiopian passport, please read the following information carefully.
Failure to fulfill the requirements detailed in the service you require may result in delaying the processing or refusal of your application.
- All new passport applications must be made in person at the Embassy by appointment only. New passport applications require fingerprints. Appointments for new passport applications will only be available on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- All applications for passport renewals must strictly be submitted by post.
- Due to COVID-19 and the issuing of passports in Ethiopia, we recommend that you submit your application at least three months prior to your date of travel or prior to applying for any other service that requires a valid passport.
- If the Consular Section requests additional documents from you, you will be required to submit the outstanding documents. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in refusal of your application.
- If your application is refused, you will be required to submit a new application.
New (First) Ethiopian PassportIf you qualify for Ethiopian Citizenship, you may apply for a new (and first) Ethiopian Passport.
New Ethiopian Passport for a Child Born AbroadA child born outside of Ethiopia to an Ethiopian citizen parent(s) is eligible for Ethiopian citizenship.
Renewing an Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport has expired and you wish to renew it.
Replacing a Damaged Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport is damaged or worn out, you may apply for a replacement passport.
Replacing a Lost or Stolen Ethiopian PassportIf your Ethiopian passport is lost or stolen, you are required to apply for a new passport.
we appreciate your help.