Coronavirus Update: Resumption of Consular Services
Amid the changing Coronavirus situation in the United Kingdom, we wanted to take the time to keep you informed of the measures we are putting in place at the Embassy.
With issues of health and safety rightly at the forefront of everyone’s mind, the wellbeing of our customers and employees as we resume some of our operations remains the Embassy’s number one priority.
At its foundation, our approach adheres to the current public health guidance and strives to ensure workplace safety and strengthen prevention.
During these trying circumstances, we will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow the guidance given by the Government, making all necessary changes to ensure the safety and health of our customers and colleagues.
Consular Opening Hours and Services
Monday to Friday
10.00 am – 4.00 pm
From Monday 8th June 2020, the Embassy’s consular section will be re-opening to the public and providing the following services by appointment ONLY:
- Diplomatic and service visas ONLY. Until further notice, all other routine visas should be applied for online at evisa.gov.et or on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
- New ID card applications on Monday and Fridays.
- New passport applications on Wednesday and Fridays.
- Laissez-passer or travel documents on Wednesday and Fridays.
- Power of attorney on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Furthermore, the following services will be available by post only, until further notice:
- Passport renewals
- Ethiopian origin ID card renewals
Details of how to make a postal application for each of these services can be found at www.ethioembassy.org.uk/consular-services
For emergencies, please contact us on 0207 838 3898 or by email on email@example.com. Emergency appointments will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Further guidance on our services will follow in due course.
Visiting the Embassy
Due to COVID-19, and in the interest of public health, we are putting measures in place to contain the spread of the virus:
- All customers must schedule an appointment prior to visiting the Embassy by contacting us on 0207 838 3877.
- We urge any customers planning to visit the Embassy who are feeling unwell, have displayed symptoms, or have recently returned from an affected country to postpone their visit for a minimum of 14 days. This also applies to those who live with someone who is ill or has recently had contact with someone who had COVID-19.
- Visitors to the Embassy will be required to wear face covering or mask upon entry
- When entering the premises and before engaging with our staff members, please wash your hands at the washing point, or use sanitising gel.
- Visitors must comply with social distancing rules by maintaining a minimum distance of 2 metres from other customers who are not part of your household.
- If you intend to fill out forms at the Embassy, we advise that using your own pen.
Travelling to Ethiopia
On Friday, 13th March 2020, Ethiopia confirmed its first case of COVID-19. As of today, 5th June 2020, the total number of cases has risen to 1805.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the Government of Ethiopia has put in place measures to contain the spread of the virus. Click here for further information.
From 23rd March, all passengers entering Ethiopia are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at government-designated hotels and facilities. Diplomats will be quarantined at their respective embassies.
The 14-day quarantine does not apply to transit passengers. Transit passengers on a connecting flight will stay at the Ethiopian Skylight Hotel until taking their connecting flight.
Latest NewsBrowse all
we appreciate your help.