COVID-19: Entry Requirements for Travellers to Ethiopia
7 Aug 2020
Amid the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, new health guidelines have been put in place for all travellers entering Ethiopia.
- All travellers arriving at Bole International Airport who provide a certificate showing a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR antigen test, taken within 72 hours of your arrival to Ethiopia will be subject to mandatory self-isolation at home, for 14 days. Additionally, travellers will be required to provide a sample upon arrival. Travellers who do not have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test will be placed into mandatory quarantine for 7 days, at a designated site. After 7 days, you will be tested for coronavirus and if you test negative, you will be required to self-isolate at home for the remaining 7 days.
- Travellers who provide RDT antibody tests will be quarantined for 7 days at a designated site. After 7 days, you will be tested for coronavirus and if you test negative, you will be required to self-isolate at home for the remaining 7 days.
- Ethiopian returnees are required to consult with their nearest Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate before planning their trip to Ethiopia. This is to help returnees obtain the correct information about getting tested at the country of origin. Returnees who cannot provide a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival to Ethiopia will be placed into mandatory quarantine for 7 days at a designated site.
- For diplomats, the previous circular still applies.
ከኮቪድ-19 ጋር በተያያዘ ወደ አገር ውስጥ የሚገቡ መንገደኞች የአቀባበል ሥርዓት መመሪያ፦
- ከየትኛውም አገር ተነስተው ቦሌ አየር ማረፊያ ሲደርሱ የሚያቀርቡት የኮቪድ 19 የምርመራ ሰርተፊኬት ማስረጃ72 ሰዓት ያልሞላው የተረጋገጠ የRT PCR አንቲጀን የምርመራ ውጤት ብቻ መሆኑንና ይህን ይዘው የመጡናሙና ሰጥተው በቤታቸው ለ14 ቀናት ተለይተው እንደሚቆዩ ይህንን ይዞ ያልመጣ ግን ለ7 ቀናት ወደ ተዘጋጀለይቶ ማቆያ (ኳራንቲን) ለክትትል እንደሚላክ እና ምርመራ ተደርጎለት ከ7 ቀናት በኃላ ውጤቱ ነፃ ከሆነ በቤቱቀሪውን 7 ቀናት እንደሚቆይ፣
- የRDT ፈጣን የአንቲቦዲ ምርመራ ውጤት ይዞ የመጣ መንገደኛ ለ7 ቀናት በለይቶ ማቆያ (ኳራንቲን) መሆንእንደሚኖርበት ከዚያም የ RT PCR ምርመራ ተሰርቶ በቤቱ ቀሪውን 7 ቀናት እንዲቆይ እንደሚደረግ፣
- በቦሌ ዓለም አቀፍ አየር መንገድ በኩል የሚገቡ ከስደት ተመላሾች ከመምጣታቸው በፊት ከውጭ ጉዳይሚኒስቴር ጋር በመነጋገር ከሚነሱበት አገር ምርመራ እንደሚደረግ ወደ አገር ሲገቡ 72 ሰዓት ያልሞላው የ RT PCR ምርመራ ሰርተፊኬት ይዞ ያልመጣ ስደተኛ ተለይቶ ወደ ተዘጋጀ ማቆያ ቦታ እንዲገባና ለ7 ቀናት እንዲቆይእንደሚደረግ በዚህ ቆይታም ክትትልና የ RT PCR ምርመራ እንደሚደረግለት፣
- ዲፕሎማቶችን በተመለከተ ከዚህ ቀደም በውጭ ጉዳይ ሚኒስቴር በተላከው ሰርኩላር መሠረት መተግበርየሚቀጥልና መመሪያው ያልተለወጠ መሆኑን፣
Latest NewsBrowse all
Following the successful launch of the e-visa process in 2018, the Immigration Nationality and Vital Events Agency has announced the commencement of the Digital INVEA application aimed at modernising, simplifying and integrating its service offering. We, therefore, recommend all prospective customers to visit www.digitalinvea.com.
26 Oct 2021
Notice: Important Changes to Consular Services
As a founding member of the United Nations, Ethiopia has through the years amply demonstrated its commitment to the UN Charter. UN agencies, in particular, those in the humanitarian area also had a long presence in Ethiopia providing lifesaving humanitarian assistance to millions. It goes without saying that Ethiopia appreciates all the support that these UN agencies have been extending…
1 Oct 2021
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Press Release on the Expulsion of UN Officials
A collection of Ethiopian artefacts that were looted by British soldiers during the Battle of Maqdala in 1868 are set to be returned to Ethiopia following a poignant handover ceremony at the prestigious Athenaeum Club in London on 8th September 2021. The objects were procured by the Scheherazade Foundation through auctions and private dealers.
9 Sep 2021
Artefacts looted in Maqdala in 1868 to be returned to Ethiopia
Speech by H.E. Ambassador Teferi Melesse Desta at the Ethiopian Investment Forum, held on 2 September 2020.
2 Sep 2021
Speech by H.E. Ambassador Teferi Melesse Desta at the Ethiopian Investment Forum
Press Briefing by Billene Seyoum, Press Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office, on key highlights of the week and recent developments in Northern Ethiopia (Afar, Amhara, and Tigray Regions) - 26 August 2021, Addis Ababa
26 Aug 2021
Transcript | Prime Minister’s Office Press Briefing – 26 August 2021
Press Briefing by Billene Seyoum, Press Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office, on key highlights of the week and recent developments in Tigray and Northern Ethiopia - 20 August 2021
20 Aug 2021
Transcript | Prime Minister’s Office Press Briefing – 20 August 2021
Press Briefing by Billene Seyoum, Press Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office, on key highlights of the week and recent developments in Tigray 12 August 2021
12 Aug 2021
Transcript | Prime Minister’s Office Press Briefing – 12 August 2021
Reaffirming our commitment to the protection of refugees, we request the UN Human Rights Commission to correct the biased and partial opinions of its rapporteur. We also call the Commission and other international humanitarian organizations to help our efforts of rescuing the refugees from the imminent danger they are in and assist our efforts of investigating the issue.
7 Aug 2021
A Response to the Statement by the UN Human Rights Council Special Rapporteur Regarding the Situation of Eritrean Refugees in Ethiopia
The Government will take all the necessary measures to ensure that these sacred places and other institutions are well protected and call on the international community to condemn this heinous act of the TPLF.
6 Aug 2021
Press Statement on Protection of Cultural Sites
The Government of Ethiopia has been committed to the Unilateral Humanitarian Ceasefire that it has declared on 28 June 2021 in a bid to give respite to the people of Tigray and make use of the farming season. Regrettably, the TPLF has failed to reciprocate.
6 Aug 2021
Statement on preoccupying issues in Ethiopia and the way forward
Press Briefing by Billene Seyoum, Press Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office, on key highlights of the week and recent developments in Tigray.
5 Aug 2021
Transcript | Prime Minister’s Office Press Briefing – 5 August 2021
Full statement submitted to ITV News in response to their report "Tigray conflict: Food will run out for thousands in Ethiopia without aid relief, UN warns" (30 July 2021)
30 Jul 2021
Statement to ITV News on the Government’s Response to the Humanitarian Situation in Tigray
What was the purpose of your recent visit?
How would you rate the overall experience?
What made you choose this score?
we appreciate your help.
we appreciate your help.
Please use 140 or less characters
Leave us your feedback