Nationals of certain countries are eligible to apply for a visa on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, for which a different form is provided. The form available on this website cannot be used for this purpose.
Tourist visas can only be issued on arrival to:
- Foreign nationals who are coming from countries where there is no Ethiopian Mission
- All nationals from African Union member states
- Nationals from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea Republic, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
How to Apply
If applying for a tourist visa on arrival, you are required to provide one recent passport-sized photograph and no less than $40 USD before your application can be processed.
Foreign nationals who are coming from countries that are not listed as tourist generating countries and from those countries that do not have an agreement with Ethiopia regarding the issuance of visas on arrival, can enter Ethiopia by obtaining a visa from a nearby Ethiopian Mission. However, if tourists from such countries wish to get a visa on arrival at the airport, they are required to get approval from the Immigration and Nationality Affairs Main Department in Ethiopia. Requests for such approval can be sent to:
- Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs, PO Box 3741, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Fax: 002511 55 32 09/002511 56 49 8
|Type of Visa||Fee|
|Single entry for 30 days||$40 USD|
|Single entry for 3 months||$60 USD|
|Multiple entry for 3 months||$70 USD|
|Multiple entry for 6 months||$80 USD|
we appreciate your help.