Statement to Channel 4 News on IDPs and the Humanitarian Situation in Tigray
The Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia would like to reiterate the Government’s enduring commitment to rebuild and rehabilitate the Tigray Region by ensuring that urgent humanitarian needs are addressed.
With the conclusion of the law enforcement operation, the Government’s main priority remains the provision of humanitarian assistance to affected peoples. In doing so, the Government has, thus far, taken concrete measures to comprehensively respond to the humanitarian needs on the ground by delivering lifesaving supplies to over 4.2 million citizens in Tigray, in coordination with local and international partners.
So far, the Government has covered 70% of the costs of the ongoing relief operations from its limited resources, while the remaining 30% has been covered by development partners and NGOs. Despite the progress made thus far, the Government of Ethiopia recognises that the humanitarian situation on the ground remains complex. That is why the Embassy is, once again, appealing to the international community and development partners to stand with Ethiopia at this critical time by helping augment the Government’s lifesaving efforts.
For further information, please contact the Press Office on:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7838 3883
Social media: @EthioEmbassyUK | @EthioAmbUK
Latest NewsBrowse all
we appreciate your help.