Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund Forms Board of Directors
The Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund (EDTF) has formed a Board of Directors comprising 11 persons drawn from the Ethiopian Diaspora, Civil Society and the Ethiopian Government.
According to the PM’s Office, the Board of Directors is the apex governance body which will provide overall leadership and set the strategic direction, policy, oversight, and accountability of the Fund.
The Board will comprise of:
- 5 members of the Ethiopian Diaspora from different parts of the globe recommended by the EDTF Advisory Council;
- 3 members from Civil Society representing women, youth and the Ethiopian public; and
- 3 members from the Ethiopian Government
The first EDTF Board of Directors includes:
- Sirgut Yadeta, representing diaspora in Europe. Sirgut currently works as the Editorial Lead at Lloyds Bank Group in London.
- Dr. Mehret Mandefro, Founder and President, Truth Aid and Executive Producer, Director of Social Impact, Kana Television, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, representing diaspora in North America,
- Chernet Debele, Founder and General Manager, Kia Travel & Business LLC, Maryland, USA, representing diaspora in North America,
- Yohannes Asefa, Director, Agriculture & Agribusiness, USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub, Nairobi, Kenya, representing diaspora in Africa,
- Dr. Abdulwehab Ibrahim, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Science, Abu Dhabi, UAE, representing diaspora in the Middle East;
- Sister Zebider Zewdie, Founder and Executive Director of Mary Joy Ethiopia, representing women,
- The representative of Youth to be reviewed and appointed by the Board;
- Mr. EyesusWork Zafu, Chairman of the Board of Directors of United Bank, representing the Ethiopian public;
- Selamawit Dawit, Director General, Ethiopian Diaspora Agency, representing the Ethiopian Government;
- Hirut Zemene, State Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bilen Mamo, Advisor, Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation
The Board will select its Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson as well as relevant committee members required to discharge its duties soon.
Latest NewsBrowse all
we appreciate your help.